The IAFP's Research Day takes place every May with around 140 IAFP members in attendance, mainly comprised of residents and residency program faculty - although all are welcome!
Family physicians and medical students from across the state are invited to make 10-15 minute presentations and display posters detailing their original research projects and performance improvement initiatives. We also hear several case presentations about patients who have presented with unusual and/or rare diseases. A panel of judges awards cash prizes at the end of the day. The event is combined with hot topic CME offerings.
The abstract submission deadline for 2017's event has now passed and we have begun the judging process.
IAFP members have submitted abstracts in one of the following categories:
- Original Research – Clinical (example: Comparison of Selected Measures Between Group Prenatal Care and Traditional Prenatal Care in a Residency Setting)
- Original Research - Medical Education (example: A Study Comparing Traditional PowerPoint Instruction vs. Use of NOEL Simulation Models to Train Residents’ Management of Shoulder Dystocia)
- Original Research - Performance Improvement (example: Study Implementing New Clinical Work Flow - Well Child Quality Improvement Project)
- Case Report
- Previously Presented - National (this category is for presentations in categories 1-4 that have already been presented at a national research meeting.)
- Previously Presented - IAFP Research Day (this category is for presentations in categories 1-4 that have already been presented at an IAFP Research Day. As the research project has continued, there may be new data or results that may be of interest/importance to the family medicine community.)
Stay tuned for the final agenda for this year's Research Day!
Click here to find out about exhibiting at and supporting Research Day.
- Medical Students: register free of charge here.
- Residents and residency program faculty: your program coordinator will register you for this event.
- IAFP members and non-member family physicians/healthcare providers: click here to register at the IAFP's Square Store.