2022 IAFP Winter Wednesday
2022 IAFP Winter Wednesday and Legislative Reception
Date: Wednesday, February 16
Location: Indianapolis Marriott Downtown | 350 W Maryland St, Indianapolis, IN 46225
Time: CME from 8am to 5:00pm | Legislative Reception from 5:00 - 7:00pm
We are excited to offer another Winter Wednesday CME event in downtown Indianapolis in 2022! Join us at the Marriott for a full day of CME and our annual evening Legislative Reception - your chance to meet with legislators and discuss issues of importance to family medicine. Earn up to 11.25 Prescribed AAFP CME credits during the daytime sessions (8 Prescribed credits for the KSA Study Group and 3.25 Prescribed credits for the POCUS workshop).
KSA Study Group: Heart Disease - Cindy Meneghini, MD | 8:00am - 12:00pm
Complete the 60-question Heart Disease Knowledge Self-Assessment (KSA) module with other family physicians in a fast paced format facilitated by a family physician experienced with the topic.
- Facilitator will guide you through all 60 questions of the Knowledge Self-Assessment (KSA) Heart Disease module, part of the ABFM’s certification process.
- Engage in discussion and debate to help you decide on the correct answer as a group.
- Benefit from automatic reporting of your answers to the ABFM – your account will show you’ve successfully completed this KSA.
- Earn 8 AAFP Prescribed CME credits and 10 ABFM Certification Points following successful completion of this session.
POCUS Workshop | 1:00pm - 5:00pm
Join James Wilcox, MD, a Point of Care Ultrasound Educator at Indiana University School of Medicine, and his colleagues for a Point of Care Ultrasound (POCUS) workshop where family physicians from across the state can spend a few hours learning how to do common POCUS exams that will benefit them in their offices. Dr. Wilcox is an Assistant Professor of Clinical Family Medicine at IUSM in Indianapolis. Additional faculty for this workshop are Daniela Lobo, MD, Assistant Professor of Clinical Family Medicine, and Rob Ferre, MD, Associate Professor of Clinical Emergency Medicine, both at IU School of Medicine in Indianapolis.
The workshop will include lecture time and hands-on practice. A 15-20 minute discussion of the topic will be followed by about 30-45 minutes for learners to practice that skill with the facilitators. For example, the faculty will present an introduction for Abdominal Aorta Aneurysm Screening, including indications for the exam, how to perform the exam, common pathologies, and how to bill for the exam. The rest of the time will cover how to practice the exam.
The following popular and high-yield exams will be covered:
1. DVT exam
2. Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm
3. eFAST - trauma (also intro to cardiac and renal)
Legislative Reception | 5:00pm - 7:00pm
This event is a unique opportunity to meet your legislators, ask questions, raise your concerns, and let them know why family medicine is such a vital part of Indiana’s health care system. We know that your practices are very busy but we strongly urge you to attend the reception and provide a face for family medicine. All 150 legislators are invited to attend. Drinks and hors d’oeuvres will be provided.
For the daytime events, pricing is as follows:
- KSA Study Group: $100 for IAFP Members or ancillary personnel employed by IAFP Members
- POCUS Workshop: $100 for IAFP Members or ancillary personnel employed by IAFP Members
- Full day program: $150 for IAFP Members or ancillary personnel employed by IAFP Members
- KSA Study Group: $200 for Non-IAFP Members or ancillary personnel employed by non-IAFP Members
- POCUS Workshop: $200 for Non-IAFP Members or ancillary personnel employed by non-IAFP Members
- Full day program: $300 for Non-IAFP Members or ancillary personnel employed by non-IAFP Members
- There is no charge to attend the Legislative Reception.