2024 IAFP Advocacy Day
Wednesday, February 28th, 202411:00AM -12:00PM: Advocacy Day lunch at the Indiana Statehouse, 3rd Floor 200 W Washington St, Indianapolis, IN 46204
1:00PM - 5:00PM: ABFM KSA Study Group on Musculoskeletal Medicine at the Indiana History Center, 450 West Ohio St, Indianapolis, IN 46202
During the 2024 legislative session, the IAFP will be hosting our Advocacy Day lunch inside the Indiana Statehouse! Attend to meet your legislators and represent the Academy during this important session.
After lunch, take a short walk over to the Eugene and Marilyn Glick Indiana History Center for an ABFM KSA Study Group on Musculoskeletal Medicine.
KSA Study Group: Musculoskeletal Medicine - Betty Johnson, DOWhy register for an ABFM KSA Study Group?
- Complete the 60-question Knowledge Self-Assessment (KSA) with other family physicians in a fast-paced format facilitated by a family physician experienced with the topic.
- Musculoskeletal Medicine is an all-new KSA topic released by the ABFM in 2023.
- A facilitator will guide you through all 60 questions of the Knowledge Self-Assessment (KSA) module, part of the ABFM’s certification process.
- Engage in discussion and debate to help you decide on the correct answer as a group.
- Benefit from automatic reporting of your answers to the ABFM – your account will show you’ve successfully completed each KSA. You can revisit each module following our virtual sessions in review mode within your ABFM Physician Portfolio.
- Earn 8 AAFP Prescribed CME credits and 10 ABFM Certification Points following successful completion of this session.
- About the facilitator: Betty Johnson, DO, is clinical faculty at Ascension St. Vincent Family Medicine Residency Program in Indianapolis, IN. An Indiana native, she completed her undergraduate degree in Behavioral Neuroscience at Purdue University before attending Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine for her medical training. During medical school, Betty also completed a fellowship in Lifestyle Medicine to better prepare to treat patients in a holistic manner. After med school, she completed her residency at St. Vincent Family Medicine program where she served as Chief resident. She enjoys working with the residents as faculty in the clinic. In her spare time, Betty enjoys going to different state parks with her husband and young daughter and son, as well as playing with their puppy.
RegistrationThere is no charge to attend Advocacy Day.
The cost for the KSA Study Group is $95 for IAFP/AAFP members and $195 for non-members. Please note: ABFM fees still apply. You can log in to your ABFM Physician Portfolio here to determine your eligibility to take each KSA module.
You can attend just one of these events if you choose.
Limited parking in the lot adjacent to the north side of the Indiana History Center building is available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Metered parking and other facilities are available throughout the downtown area.
Questions?If you have any questions about Advocacy Day, please email Cole Speer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions about the KSA Study Group, please email Emily Bohannon at email@example.com.