Puerto Rico CME Trip
La Concha - A Renaissance Resort
1077 Ashford Avenue
San Juan, PR 00907 Show Map
Missy Lewis, CAE, CMP
Phone: (317) 237-4237
Join us for an exciting CME trip to Condado (San Juan), Puerto Rico from January 28 - February 4, 2018. We'll be staying at the beautiful La Concha - A Renaissance Resort.
We are pleased to report that our trip is still on! La Concha did sustain damage during Hurricane Maria, but it was not significant. The hotel is once again fully operational, as are many of the amazing restaurants nearby. Tourism is a considerable source of revenue for the island, and we are glad to be able to support them in this way.
Looking for a way to give back? Donate to the IAFP Foundation and your contribution will help get critical supplies - including generators, phones, medical supplies, etc. - to physicians in Puerto Rico. Find out more here.
The CME program is currently being designed. Stay tuned for details.
Expect 15 CME credits
CME schedule: Monday - Friday, 8am - 11am
SEMINAR FEE: $895
Guest of primary registrant may register for CME at a rate of $400
- Breakfast with attendees Monday-Friday for you and your guest
- Welcome reception on the beach for you and your guest (Monday)
- Oceanview dinner for you and your guest (Thursday)
How to Register
1. REGISTER FOR THE CME PROGRAM
REGISTER HERE (a link will be provided to make your deposit using our Square Store)
2. RESERVE YOUR HOTEL ROOM
Rooms are limited - reserve your accommodations at La Concha - A Renaissance Resort today! (This link takes you directly to the group block and special rates.)
Deluxe Ocean View Room at La Concha Resort: $245/night (options for upgrades are available)
With stunning beach vistas and state-of-the-art furnishing, these unique guest rooms are sleek and sexy.
BOOK NOW - ROOMS ARE LIMITED!
3. BOOK YOUR FLIGHT
Use your preferred travel website or agent to book your flights to Puerto Rico.
Things to do in Puerto Rico:
- Enjoy the warm sunshine and a welcome break from Indiana’s winter
- Walk out to the beach just steps from your hotel room
- Visit the rainforest
- Explore Old San Juan
- Taste rums at Bacardi and tour the factory
- Try your luck at one of several smoke free casinos
- Enjoy jet skiing and paddle boarding
- Golf one of the many beautiful courses
Did you know?
- Puerto Rico is a territory of the U.S. Its residents are U.S. Citizens - and have been since 1917
- Puerto Rican currency is the U.S. dollar. No currency exchanges!
- No passports required for travel between Puerto Rico and the continental U.S.
- Puerto Rican schools teach English K-12. There is virtually no language barrier
- Southwest, Delta, United & American all fly to San Juan daily. Direct flights available from Chicago. Indy just requires one quick stop
- Average temps in January are a high of 83 degrees and a low of 72 degrees
La Concha Resort
Let the Caribbean rhythm fuel every minute of your stay at La Concha, a resort in the heart of Puerto Rico’s hottest locale, Condado, San Juan. Live the buena vida and grab the moment with cool, San Juan beachside days and warm ocean breezes and hot nightlife. Hang out by lively pools or lounge under the wind-sculpted palm trees hugging the ocean. Enjoy exotic and local flavors at one of the many chic Condado restaurants or sip a yummy island cocktail at a plush bar. Chill out by the sea by day and party by night.
La Concha offers stylish amenities right in the heart of the entertainment capital of the Caribbean – the Condado district. Come see why San Juan’s La Concha Resort is the place to be. Find out more at LaConchaResort.com.
CME SESSION CREDIT INFORMATION: Application will be made to the AAFP for 15.00 Live Prescribed CME Credits. Updated credit certificates will be available on site. AMA/AAFP Equivalency: AAFP Prescribed credit is accepted by the American Medical Association as equivalent to AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s)™ toward the AMA Physician’s Recognition Award. When applying for the AMA PRA, Prescribed credit earned must be reported as Prescribed, not as Category 1. ACCREDITATION STATEMENT: The Indiana Academy of Family Physicians is accredited by the Indiana State Medical Association to provide continuing medical education for physicians. This CME/CE activity complies with all requirements of the federal Physician Payment Sunshine Act. If a reportable event is associated with this activity, the accredited provider managing the program will provide the appropriate physician data to the Open Payments database. DESIGNATION STATEMENT: The Indiana Academy of Family Physicians designates this activity for a maximum of 15 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.