Toolkit Provides Resources For Patients About The Safe And Effective COVID-19 Vaccine
The Indiana Department of Health is pleased to share with you the attached materials to help you promote COVID-19 vaccination for your patients. We have created this toolkit to give you quick access to the facts and benefits of the safe and effective COVID-19 vaccine.
The toolkit includes:
- IDOH Point of Care Vaccine Playbook that outlines the process for primary care providers in Indiana to order vaccine directly for in office patient administration
- COVID-19 vaccine posters to display in waiting rooms and exam rooms
- Vaccine Hesitancy Information: Includes sample communication, tips and other resources
- COVID-19 Vaccine Guidance Tool for Patient Inquiries with FAQs and other ideas to help promote vaccination and combat hesitancy
- Fact Sheet that explains the effectiveness and benefits of vaccination
- Fact Sheet for 12-15 year olds to encourage vaccination and explain the benefits
- Fact Sheet for older teens to explain the benefits of vaccination
All of these materials — as well as post-vaccination palm cards for Pfizer, Moderna and Johnson & Johnson (English and Spanish) to give patients after administering the vaccine — are also available online at Ourshot.in.gov under Vaccine Provider Resources.
Download the toolkit now (zip file)
The Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices also reviewed information on the co-administration of COVID-19 vaccine with routine immunizations. After careful review, co-administration of the COVID-19 vaccine and other immunizations can now be administered at the same time. When talking with your patients, please ask about and encourage COVID-19 vaccination, and take advantage of the opportunity to catch up on any other vaccinations that may have been missed because of the pandemic.
The state Department of Health is grateful for your support in this new and exciting opportunity in the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic response.
Visit Ourshot.in.gov for more information on the COVID-19 vaccine.